Thursday, August 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home?

We made an offer on a house this week. Officially. We didnt' get it.

I rode the roller coaster of emotions but not as hard or as fast as I could have. Was I anxious? sleepless? imagining oh fuck! what if we get it?! oh fuck! what if we don't?! Yes. All that & then some. On a scale of one to ten where one is mildly disappointed and ten is devastated I actually would say three. Or maybe more frustrated or challenged.

I am so over this rental place without a backyard really or room to have more than a couple of people over. The traffic noise is insane & keeps me awake at night. The landlord still hasn't fixed the house from when the neighbor drove into it two years ago almost. We've seen a mouse in the house. There have been shootings on the street. It's time to go.

Feels like I have been looking forever. I know what I want & I don't think it's unrealistic.

Or is it?! I just want somewhere to nest where I can paint the walls & make it mine.

I am trying not to lose hope in the whole process. It's not easy.

3 comments:

  1. My friend Sara finally got their house after much trail. They're off of 50th and and Prescott. Great house and yard, and was a decent price. What area are you guys looking in?

    Also, the house next door for us is for sale... (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that this one did not happen for you. Trust that it will and the house that is waiting for you is even more ideal than this one. In the mean time continue to spend time with loved ones doing things that bring you joy.

    ReplyDelete